Thursday, October 4, 2012

A Greeting for the First

Well, well. Here you are, and aren't we pleased. This is the Nihilitorium, and I'm the Christian Nihilist. Save your applause. That comes for later. Standing ovations given too early are the other kind of premature ejaculation. Don't be offended; I'm being purely denotative. The colorful connotations are your own ingenuity. Reader-response in full effect. Control your own meanings, and I'll control mine. I'm the author, and I'm fenced in according to all the world's Best Authorities. Hand me a shovel; I'll bury myself.

Of course I won't. I have too many important duties, and the nearly-endless scrolls of ancient knowledge strewn across my black-stained teakwood worktable won't read themselves in front of a fire hearth with a flagon of something frothy and biting.

So welcome anyway, even if you do have that sour look of insolent quivering about your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment